Saturday 20 September 2014

Simplicity 1178 halters and weskits - from pillowcase to halterneck

More pillowcases to tops.  I did some rough sews of these two as I liked the look of the halter.  The cream halter has a low back and the blue halter/weskit has none!  I did make up a halter for a friend since and brought the back up more, so to allow for bra.  Cute pattern, ends at waist so it needed to be adapted for contemporary wear - I just lengthened the sides and darts.  The blue halter is similar to a temporary beach top you can fashion from scarves but has nicer shaping, again, would work very well adapting into a dress in a 1940s style.................

remake upcycle pillowcase to halterneck simplicity 1178

1 comment:

  1. I love the dynamic quality the open check gives the cream halter!

    ReplyDelete