Tuesday, 1 September 2015

indigo pjs............and other shibori bits

I got a lot out of the indigo dye pack

3 dresses
1 pj
2 pillowcases
1 white linen trousers
2 tee shirt dresses
a few lengths of fabric.

I had to keep running back to my workroom for more bits to dye as I didn't think I would get so much out of one dye pack................

The pyjamas were made using the instruction from Moldesdicamoda.com (link here).  The site gives basic pattern instruction but its also great for ideas (I am currently thinking of this coat), and even looking for the link again when I was typing this, I ended up bookmarking about 10 pages..........  


The pyjama pants were straightforward, I used an rough all-in-one pattern which I drafted from the trouser block by lying back and front side by side and leaving about 6cm between the front and back and cutting around.

I then used the little wooden squares from the kit and folded the pyjama top, and then dipped in water and 'squeezed' the water out, before dying.  The pyjama pants were tied at the hemline.

The pillowcases were similarly tied, and I should have done more of these.  I had a load of pillowcases leftover from an art project years ago, so the next time I am doing any indigo................they will all be for the blue!




No comments:

Post a comment