Friday 12 June 2015

simplicity 8029 - skirt to halter for fi

Finally the temperatures have increased.  I made this top some time ago for my friend Fiona, and have only gotten around to posting it to her this week, and posting it here now! 



I got this silk skirt some time back, I loved the subtlety of the colours, bu they are not colours that I wear, but would suit my friend Fi, and I also wanted to try Simplicity pattern.  Fi can wear those 70s styles so well, and I am unsure if she will wear this but I thought I would do it anyway!  
.


It is a simple front tie halter.  and convertible to some kind of cape, which I think can only be useful if you want to shield your shoulders from burning.....   It looks a lot more functional in the illustration!

I used up all of the fabric from the skirt, and used the lining to bind the handkerchief edges and line the 'bra' part.  I did a fair amount of hand sewing in the finish as it was a very very very thin silk.


No comments:

Post a Comment