Saturday, 15 November 2014
the dreamstress deco echo - scarf to top
Strictly speaking this was not a scarf to a top, but it was an intended scarf/wrap and then it languished in the stash.
I had seen this blouse/top a few times on line while I was looking up 1930ls blouses and came across this lovely site - The dreamstress.
It is a very effective pattern for using up small amounts of 'precious fabric'. I had a metre of tie dyed silk devore, and I had cut in half along the centre as at one time I intended to make a wrap (this has been in the 'curated' stash for over 10 years - good grief). I used the devored half to make this top. (the other half will be a used for a smocked top - I hope).
Its a cute top, and as its made from rectangles - pretty quick to assemble - which is a nice change as I seem to have found some lengthy projects lately which are taking longer than they should!